Friday, January 1, 2016

December Favorites + Fall Semester Summary + 2015 Reflection + 2016 Resolutions

Happy New Year, everyone!! I decided to put 4 posts in one because the first two things I'm going to talk about is really short, haha. The last two go together. So let's begin!

My monthly favorites for December are just three things: my blanket from Target I got on Black Friday, Monsta X, iKon, and Hulu. That's all I could think of as my favorites for the month, haha.
This Fall semester, I took 15 credits. I had literature, art studio, and 3 classes for my major. I got A's in all my classes except art; I got an A- in there. I had a 3.96 for the semester and ended it with a cumulative GPA of 3.51 which I am so proud of myself for. That has been the best I've ever done my whole life, I couldn't believe it. I started the semester with a 3.28(?). This semester, I also made a friend and her name is Kathleen. I am so glad I had the courage to talk to her because she definitely feels like someone I could be friends with forever and have as that "college friend."
2015 I think was a good year. I think I became a better, stronger person. I tried new things and visited new places. I went to seek help about depression, started therapy, did good in school, and distanced myself away from people who didn't truly make me happy. I also made two friends: Jennelle and Kathleen. I also got into K-pop which I love, haha. 2015 was a good year that passed by way too quickly. I learned that to seek for help, to put myself first, and to not worry about losing others is okay. I ended the year being happy with school, realizing how much I love my family, and learning that I can't grow as a person if I live in the past. I came to the conclusion in the past week that I'm ready to move on from someone who tremendously hurt me.
Here's to the first of 366 days in which I hope to be happier, healthier, and a better version of myself.
Every year for the past few years, I make resolutions. I make 11 usually, and the ones I made for 2015, when I looked back on it, I actually accomplished everything. I was surprised and happy with myself that I did. The first 5 of my resolutions for this year are from last years, haha.
So these are my 11 resolutions for 2016:
  1. Try to make healthier choices.
  2. Try to not ridicule others.
  3. Be the best person I can be.
  4. Organize and clean more often.
  5. Try to relax every day.
  6. Be kinder to myself.
  7. Make room for more sleep.
  8. Try to have more positive thoughts than negative.
  9. Cook something every month.
  10. Read at least 3 books.
  11. Try to allow myself to feel open and alive.
Thank you for reading this post, if you stuck through it till the end! Haha. Let me know down below what your resolutions for 2016 are if you have any. ~

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu  Twitter: @marikawaix  Tumblr: @xrikachu

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your grades up! Also, I hope you do a good jobs with your resolutions this year. I think I need to add "clean more often" in mine hahaha

    BCfactor Blog | BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete