Saturday, September 26, 2015

Meal Plan Ideas

I just finished my fifth week of my sophomore year. I'm surprised I have gone through with this, but I've prepared my lunch for Monday-Thursday of each week. I do this so I can control what I eat and give myself the right portion of the different food groups I need to take in because eating enough and healthily is important to me. It's always something different every week, but I made the same thing for the second and third week because I had ate from the food truck on the second week.

 On the first week, I made myself a salad. I took a handful of spinach and grilled two strips of chicken: the chicken was just seasoned with salt and pepper. With it, I packed some croutons and homemade caesar dressing. If you're interested in how I made my own caesar dressing, click this link. Then I brought strawberries, some pita crackers, and a slice of swiss cheese.

I did my best to incorporate my meal to having 1/3 grains, 1/3 vegetables, and 1/3 protein. I also had fruit and dairy products.

 On the second and third week, I brought a sandwich. In the sandwich was Applegate Natural's turkey, a slice of swiss cheese, and spinach on 8 grain bread. I also brought a pouch of applesauce (that's the only way I'll eat it, hehe.) Then I had some pop chips as my treat, haha. I really like chips, so they are the healthiest option.

On the fourth week, I brought a flatbread. I put chicken, a slice of swiss cheese, and lettuce on a 5 grain "fold it" flatbread. I heated it in the oven the night before, so when I ate it for lunch the next day, it was cold. Oh well, haha. I packed the same apple sauce pouch and pop chips.


On the fifth week, I brought tuna salad. My mom makes it, so I couldn't tell you the exact recipe but I know she uses Japanese mayonnaise, onions, and white pepper. Then I made pita crips out of pita bread. I made a mix of olive oil, salt, and pepper and brushed it on the top of the pita. Then I toasted them until brown. I cut them up into 8 slices, like a pizza. (It doesn't look like that in the first picture because I didn't start cutting it like that until the next day.) I then ripped a slice of swiss cheese into 8 pieces and brought some spinach with me. I also packed the applesauce pouch again, haha. It's really good to me. I assembled it together at school like in the picture above.

All of these meals took me maybe 10 minutes to prepare the night before to leave in the fridge. I hope you enjoyed this post and will try out one of my meal plan ideas. Meal planning saves you money, time, and helps you control what you eat.

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu  Twitter: @marikawaix  Tumblr: @xrikachu

No comments:

Post a Comment