Saturday, September 12, 2015

Cook With Me Pt. VI + Cronut S'mores!

Hi, reader! So my last "cook with me" post was made in June. This one will include some things I made over the summer. Most of these are breakfast recipes, but I hope you like them.


To the left it something I made for dinner with my boyfriend one night. It was kinda like a tortilla pizza.

I toasted a flat bread, added some avocado with roasted red pepper flakes, ground turkey, corn, and mozzarella cheese.

It's really easy to make and it was pretty tasty. I think we added some siracha to it too.


On the right was a cute little breakfast I made. It looked like an appetizer to me when I took this picture for Instagram, haha.

I cooked two breakfast turkey links, some spinach, and put some sweet potato chunks in the oven. I made myself early grey with soy milk too.

I made this breakfast every day for about a week and I liked it, haha. It took a little longer to make since the potatoes had to cook all the way through in the oven.

On the left is a lunch my boyfriend and I made one day. I was really craving chips, so we got the Lay's Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ ones.

All you need is a "roll out" flatbread, spinach, carved chicken, shredded cheese, and avocado.

We toasted in the oven and it was really good, hehe.

I don't like waffles, but I decided to eat them for a week anyways, haha.

I used Van's 8 whole grain waffles, almond butter, strawberries, bananas, and maple syrup.

I drank some tea and soy milk with it too. Either early grey or black mango.


I don't really know what to call this, haha. I scrambled one egg and then cooked it with a chopped red, orange, and yellow mini bell pepper.

Then I added some mexican shredded cheese and put it on a tortilla.

On the right, I toasted half an english muffin. Then I spread almond butter on top with sliced bananas. To finish it, I added some cinnamon and chia seeds.

I also made a smoothie with it.

I made these cronut s'mores with my boyfriend one night in the summer. If you love donuts and s'mores, you should make this. If you don't know what a cronut it, it's a donut and croissant hybrid. **You can use a regular donut if you want.

We cut a cronut in half and then put a block or two of dark chocolate from a Hershey's bar on top of the bottom half. I don't like milk chocolate so that's why we used dark chocolate, but feel free to use whatever chocolate you like. Then we each toasted a marshmallow and used the the top half of the cronut to sandwich it. We then microwaved it for a few seconds to heat up the cronut. We were surprised that the chocolate melted all the way. It was kinda sweet, but really good.

Those are a few of the things I made over my summer break. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you're going to try any of these ideas! Thanks for reading and have a good day. ~

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu  Twitter: @marikawaix  Tumblr: @xrikachu

No comments:

Post a Comment