Saturday, July 25, 2015

Summer Essentials + Faves

I've had almost 3 months off school, and I have a little less than 1 month of summer vacation left. I'm not ready for school yet. It doesn't even feel like I was out of school for that long! I'm trying to make the most out of my last 30 days. Anyways, here are what I think the essentials for summer are and some of my favorites of each. I'm sorry if this post is a little late, haha.

1. Tote bag - A big tote bag to hold all your things is extremely handy during the summer when you're out and about. I currently use my American Apparel cities bag or Kate Spade Saturday tote bag.

2. Bathing suit - I own too many bathing suits, so that's why I didn't bother adding one in my photo, haha. But if you love going to the beach like I do, a cute bathing suit is a must for the summer. Or if you like going to the pool or just want to tan.

3. Sunscreen - If you're out at the beach, the pool, or an amusement/water park, it's best you have sunscreen on you. Protecting your skin is very important. I like you using the waterproof spray kinds, because I dislike sunblock.

4. Sunglasses - If you're outside during the day, then the sun is usually bright and shinning, and maybe blinding you, haha. I find that sunglasses are great to wear when you're driving, relaxing at the beach, or just out walking. The black sunglasses in my photo are a pair I bought last month at Target.

5. Sandals - I think sandals are the go-to shoes during the summer. They are cute and easy to wear/put on. I've worn my black sandals from Madewell almost every time I go out.

6. Deodorant - If you have a long day outside ahead of you, I think that deodorant is helpful, haha.

7. Face mask - I think a cool, refreshing face/body mask is great to have during the summer to help soothe skin. I used Mask of Magnaminty from Lush. (I've done a review before on it if you're interested.)

8. Nail polish - I feel like some nail polish colors are meant only for just the summer season. Like bright, colorful ones. The one I'm currently using that I think is great for summer is "bump up the pumps" from Essie.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what your summer essentials & favorites are down below.

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu  Twitter: @marikawaix  Tumblr: @xrikachu

6 comments:

  1. *O* Ahh I seee my loveee, LUSHH! I've never used that mask before but I use the oatfix one c:

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used that one before, but I recommend mask of magnanimity!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post! I really need to get some sunglasses ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the sandals part! I have a black pair of gladiators from Target and I swear they're my go-to shoes in the summer! They're so easy to just throw on and zip up. Another bonus from them is that they can be casual OR dressed-up, which I totally love! YAY SANDALS!!!!

    MINTY CHICKADEE!

    ReplyDelete