Monday, June 22, 2015

Cook With Me pt. V

I made my last "Cook With Me" post back at the end of November. Like that one, this one may not be as detailed because all these recipes down below are from then. These will all be things I made while I was still in school. Most of these will be breakfast posts btw, haha. So if you're interested in some healthier recipes, keep reading.


On the right, is a breakfast I made. I made it look like a heart so it would be cute, haha. I always play with my food.

I took half a whole grain muffin and toasted it. Then put some almond butter on it. Then cut up some a banana and used dark chocolate chips to decorate it to make a bear. I added some blackberries to eat with it too.

I've done this with regular loaf bread and have made a monkey before too.








Over winter break, I had a game night at my house. My boyfriend and friends wanted cookies, so I made chocolate peanut butter cup cookies.

I followed this recipe here. I can't remember if I tweaked it up a bit or not. This is how my turned out, and everyone seemed to enjoy them.











On the right is a parfait I made to go.

I commuted to school with my friend Christian during my first year, and because we would leave early in the morning, I wouldn't have time to make breakfast because I would be getting ready. So this was something really easy I would make.

I used Trader Joe's greek yogurt, Trader Joe's low fat mixed berry granola, and blueberries.

This could also be a small snack to eat in the middle of the day.



One weekend morning, I made french toast.

I mixed 1 egg and 2 tbsp. of Trader Joe's unsweetened soy milk together.

Then dipped 2 slices of whole wheat toast into it. I then cooked it in a pan until I thought it was ready.

Then I topped it with powdered sugar, sliced strawberries, and some maple syrup.









On Valentine's Day, my boyfriend and I made dinner at home.  He likes alfredo, so we made alfredo pasta.

All you need is:

  • whole wheat spaghetti
  • shrimp
  • grilled zucchinis
  •  alfredo sauce









I remember this morning, lol. I used the new skillet we have at home for the first time and I didn't know there was a metal piece on it that got hot while I was making scrambled eggs, so I burned myself.

I'm sure I've had something like this in a previous post from last summer. But all I did was cook some turkey bacon and scrambled an egg. Then I toasted a slice of ezekiel bread and spread avocado over it.

This breakfast is really plain and easy to make and I really like it.




At some point of my spring semester, I started making quinoa bowls a lot.

I used:

  • Trader Joe's quinoa
  • a chicken tenderloin I would grill
  • some grilled zucchini
  • some cooked spinach
  • a sunny side up egg
  • some siracha

I really like eating this and so did my boyfriend. It's healthy and somewhat easy.




At another point of the spring semester, I made a lot of chia and oats pudding. I've made a post before on chia pudding in a previous "Cook With Me" post.

I add together:

  • 1tbsp of Trader Joe's chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's unsweetened soy milk
  • 1 tsp of maple syrup


You can use whatever milk you want and honey instead of maple syrup if you want.

I added some blueberries to make it cute, but you can add whatever fruits or toppings you'd like.



An easy lunch I made one was a tuna sandwich.

I took:

  • 2 slices of Trader Joe's sourdough bread
  • some can of tuna
  • some hummus from Trader Joe's
  • spinach


I toasted the bread and then just put everything on. It got me really full, haha.










Well, that's it for this "Cook With Me" post. I hope you enjoyed and were interested in making something from above. Let me know down below if you plan on or make anything and how you like it! Also, comment if there's something you'd want me to make for an upcoming post.

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix & Tumblr: @xrikachu

4 comments:

  1. I love these cook with me posts <3 Everything you make looks delicious and pretty too HAAHHAH

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, everything looks delicious! Thank you for sharing ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete