Sunday, February 15, 2015

♡ Valentine's Day ♡

Valentine's Day was yesterday and I hope you had a great one! This year, it was on Saturday, which was nice because that meant there was no school and there was more time to spend with my valentine. I spent the day with my boyfriend and it was our 4th Valentine's Day together.

The past 3 Valentine's day, I've asked him to be my valentine, and so I told him this year I wasn't going to ask him and then he asked me last Friday. I opened my door and saw something big and dark floating and I said, "Oh my god." I didn't know what it was until I turned the light on. It was such a lovely surprise.


We started the day off with exchanging gifts. My valentine got me one of my favorite movies, a mask from Lush that I have been wanting for so long, and a 2-pack of moleskin notebooks. Thank you, babe!

We then went to Bahama Breeze for lunch. We were going to try an Italian restaurant we've never been to, but I just wasn't craving it and then became kinda indecisive so I told him to choose wherever he wanted to go. I got the same thing I got last time I went, but it was still so good.

The screen had a scene of Mario swimming under water so I was trying to make it look like I was swimming, lol.
After lunch, we went to the Chrysler Museum of Art. About a month ago, I checked what exhibits were going to be there and it said that in February, they would have "The Art of Video Games" exhibit.

 They had a lot of different games we could play on classic game systems. We played Mario on the nintendo controller. It was really cool! We also got to play the new Super Smash Bros on the Wii U they had.

 They had displays of a lot of the game consoles that have been around from the beginning.

 Then there was a station where we could draw our favorite video game character.

I drew Ness because he's my favorite Super Smash character and my boyfriend drew ditto because it was just something easy he could think of, lol.

Someone drew this really cute Link, haha.

 After we were done with the video games exhibit, we headed upstairs. On our 2.5 year anniversary, we went to this museum and only had time to look through the downstair exhibits. This time, we had time to go through the whole upstairs. This was one of my favorite pieces of art. I loved the colors.

 My boyfriend likes to take my camera out when we go out sometimes, haha. This was a Keith Haring picture.

 This eyeball projected onto the ball was moving.

 This was my outfit for the day. I wore the dress I wore on Halloween which is a floral lace dress. I wore leggings underneath because it was really cold with floral lace trimmed socks and brown combat boots. I wore a maroon cardigan on top. I also had my American Apparel bag and hair bow on, along with my Daniel Wellington watch.

These are just a few more pictures we took at the museum.

After the museum, we went to the store to get some food. We went home and my mom helped us make chicken parmesan spaghetti with zucchinis and buffalo chicken pizza. We ate our dinner in bed while watching Parks and Recreation.

I know this post was kind of lengthy, so thanks for reading! I'd love to hear about your Valentine's day down below.

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix & Tumblr: @xrikachu

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like you had a lovely Valentines Day! ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) I hope you had a nice one! ♥

      Delete
  2. What a cute date! Your hair looks amazing.

    stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete