Sunday, February 8, 2015

DIY: Date Ideas ♡

The last week of January, I made two date ideas for my boyfriend and I.  Ever since we met, we have spent almost every Friday together. Friday are "our days" and that's where we spend the time after class, till the end of the day together. I see him Monday through Friday, but rarely on the weekends because he's busy with his family or homework, so Fridays are special to us.


 This is the "date jar." My boyfriend bought me a pack of popsicle cards and on them, I wrote down different ideas for dates. I put them in a mason jar and tied some twine into a ribbon. (The ribbon looks very sad in this picture, haha.) We do rock-paper-scissors, and the winner gets to choose 3 sticks out of the jar and chooses which one of the 3 they want to do.

I took different color sharpies and dotted the ends of each stick so they wouldn't look so boring.

Sorry the picture came out dark, I didn't bother to turn the light on.
Whenever one of thinks of a new idea for a date, we add it into the jar. This is what we have so far:
  • Arts and crafts
  • Beach date
  • Book store date
  • Breakfast in bed
  • Cafe date
  • Dave's choice
  • Dave makes dinner
  • Dessert only date
  • Dinner date (Idk why I wrote this because we always eat dinner together, haha.)
  • Explore
  • Game night
  • Grocery date
  • Hiking date
  • Indoor Picnic
  • Mini gold
  • Marika's choice
  • Marika makes dinner
  • Movie date
  • Museum date
  • Out of town date
  • Picnic
The date jar is easy to make and a fun way to decide what you are going to do if you can't figure it out for yourself! You can take my ideas and/or add some of your own and do this with your significant other, a friend, or your family.


Sorry for that piece of hair, lol.
 This is the "Where should we eat?!" container. In January of 2014, my boyfriend and I made a list of all the places we wanted to eat for the entire year so we could try something new each week. We completed that list and made a new one for 2015.

 I just put it in this plastic container that his mom gave me a while ago.

I took different colored sharpies and wrote down all the places we wanted to try for this year. Whoever is the winner for the date jar gets to choose where we eat for dinner too. (Unless the other person really doesn't want to eat there, hehe.)

Let me know down below if you liked this and are planning to do one or the other of the DIYs.

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix & Tumblr: @xrikachu

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both of these DIY Ideas. They're so simple but cute at the same time~ My bf and I currently have an electronic list of couple things we want to do but I may try out the "Where should we eat?" idea since we both like eating ^-^ Thanks for this post!

    Catherine | leekcat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, that's nice! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. Hehe, this is such a cute, yet simple/effective DIY idea. This easily eliminates the problem of being indecisive when it comes to date/eating ideas!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    xx Courtney

    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Especially the where should we eat jar hahaha I have the HARDEST time picking out places to eat on the spot.

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, it's easier if you make a list that you can add on to whenever you think of more places.

      Delete
  5. This is honestly such a cool idea I love this. Saved this post - thanks for the inspiration.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the jar idea is soooooooo cute!!! What a smart idea~ I don't have a significant other to do that with, but I'll definitely try it out with friends LOL
    I adored this post :D

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope you and your friends enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. These are all such adorable ideas! Great photos too! http://ashaopryhirsi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete