Friday, January 2, 2015

2014: Reflection

2014 was a year filled with bittersweet moments and memories for me. I graduated from high school, and passed my first semester of college. I'm proud of myself for graduating and starting a new chapter in my life, but I also miss high school and liked having things easier. (Who doesn't? Haha.) This year wasn't the best, but I'm in a better place than where I was a year ago. Through the wins and losses of 2014, I've ended the year becoming a stronger person. I've gotten things done this year and have changed for the better. I started being more healthier in my lifestyle choices, got into cooking, got active this summer, got my license, moved on from someone who hurt me badly (it took two years, but that's okay), learned what I really wanted to do with my life, and learned to cut toxic people out of my life. I could have done some things differently this year, but I'm pretty proud of how I ended the year.
In 2014, I also let myself go to the point I ended up in the hospital. I let myself go because of how other people affected my life, and I let the stress get to me. I cried too much, stopped eating, lost sleep, etc. But after that, I got better. In the summer, I felt the best I ever did in a long time and it felt great. I was happy again and felt like I moved on; I felt free of the sadness that had burdening me for the past almost two year. But once the semester started, I kind of lost myself and fell into a dark place, again. Ending the year, I am feeling a bit happier and I have moved on, which is a big step.
2014 taught me that people aren't what they seem to be, but some people are genuine and I should keep those close to me. This year showed me that true friends will stay with me for a lifetime. With how fast 2014 went by, and the wake up call that our time on Earth is short, time has also taught me to remember to spend time with my family. I've spent the ending of the year spending more time with my family and cherishing the time I have with them on earth.Thank you, 2014.

4 comments:

  1. It is too bad about all of the bad things that happened, but amazing that you got stronger. May 2015 be your best year yet! ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I hope this year will be a great year for you! ♡

      Delete
  2. Such a nice reflection on the last year. It's always great to get stronger as time passes. Bad things are bound to happen but you're strong enough to handle all of that. I hope 2015 will be great to you! x

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know things are bound to happen, but I just feel a lot better than I have in a long time. I hope you have a great year. :)

      Delete