Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving + Black Friday

Thanksgiving was last Thursday and I can't believe it's already been a week since. I only had two classes last week, which was great! I didn't have classes on Wednesday - Friday because of Fall Break. Thanksgiving this year was a little hectic, but of course a nice time with my family. I didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family last year because something came up, so I spent it with my boyfriend's family. My break felt very short, but was very much needed. This is my last week of my first semester in college and I'm ready to be done with all of it, haha. Finals are next week, and I'm not ready. But I can't wait for winter break and I plan on posting more then.

My family and I always do Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house. I always spend the night before so I can help her the next morning prepare for the day. We usually start at around 2 in the afternoon. On the morning of Thanksgiving, my aunt told me her oven stopped working. I was like, "WHAT." The weather was kinda poopy that day; it was raining lightly and the sun wasn't out at all. I ended up having the drive to my Uncle's house to drop off the turkey and my dad met me there and took the ham from me. My little cousin Izzy was with me the whole time in the back seat so I wouldn't have to be lonely. In the end, everything worked out. My boyfriend and friend Andy came to eat with me.

There was plenty of food for everyone. 
~ There was a lot of dessert. ~
My mom always makes majority of the desserts. This is what she made this year.
This was my plate.
This was the flan that was in those white ceramic dishes.
Black Friday deals started at 6 PM on Thanksgiving night this year, so my boyfriend and I left early, stopped by my house first so I could change my shoes, and then headed to the mall. I didn't know American Eagle was doing anything special except for the usual sale they do, because I wasn't checking my e-mails all break. My boyfriend and I were one of the first 100 people to come in the store, so we got $10 gift cards each. The whole store was also 40% off. We managed to only pay $2.87 for these gloves! I will be making a post for my Black Friday haul soon!

My friend Andy ended up meeting us at the mall at Forever 21. I only bought a jacket for me and a hoodie for my boyfriend. I couldn't debate on which black cardigan I should get, so I said I would go back for it when I decided which one I wanted. I finished shopping that night at 8:40 pm! That was so early, but my feet were killing me. My boyfriend and I went back to my house and just relaxed.

We eventually fell asleep and luckily, without an alarm, my boyfriend woke up the next morning at around 4:30 am.We got ready and went back to the same mall to stand in line for the H&M scratcher ticket. We left after getting the ticket and went to another mall. We went to the Urban Outfitters there first, but there was nothing there this year - it sucked. We then stood in line again for the H&M there. That time, my boyfriend's scratcher ticket was good so we bought some stuff. After that, we went back to my house and took a nap for a few hours.

Then I went to CVS, Chick-fil-a for my free iced coffee for the month, Five Below, back to the same mall, and Toys"R"Us. We stopped by my boyfriend's house so we could take his dog out. Then we headed to the outlets because Andy told me that North Face was having a good sale. I went there to get my mom something, but all the other stores didn't really have anything.

We picked up dinner and watched Netflix back at my house. It was a long day and so we were really tired. I'm glad to have spent another Thanksgiving with my bestest friend.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
  • How was your Thanksgiving this year?
  • What was your favorite dish?
  • What did you do?
Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving! Canadian Thanksgiving was already in October. :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks yum!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. food looks amazing!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun :) You phone case looks so cute! Where did you get it?

    bcfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete