Tuesday, December 16, 2014

❄ Hot Chocolate Afternoon ❄

Last Tuesday after my philosophy final, my boyfriend and I made hot chocolate. It was really cold outside that day, so I decided we should use the mix my friend Andy bought me when he took me to Richmond for my birthday.

The hot chocolate we used was from Silly Cow Farms in the peppermint twist flavor.

 This is what it looked like when I opened it. I love the packaging, it was actually the reason I wanted to get it. The packaging is like opening a milk bottle. I also love peppermint flavored things, hehe.

The directions told us to add 2 teaspoons of the mix into our favorite mugs. Then to slowly stir in very hot milk. We could also top it with whipped cream and more of the mix.

We used the unsweetened soy milk I drink at home. I stopped drinking regular milk at around the beginning of the year, but I think it would have tasted a lot better with regular milk so I plan on trying that next time, lol.

I'm just realizing I didn't pour the milk into the mix, but instead pour the mix into the milk. Lol, I'll do it the right way next time. I also recommend having really hot milk, it'll melt the mix faster.

After mixing the hot chocolate mix, we added these hand dipped chocolate & mini marshmallow flavored stirrers. This was featured in one of my previous posts.

This is what it looked like mixed. I personally really like mini marshmallows compared to big marshmallows. How about you?


Do any of you like hot chocolate? If so, what flavors and what do you like to add on top?

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix & Tumblr: @xrikachu

12 comments:

  1. Awww, the packaging is so cute! Your hot chocolate looks delicious. I usually drink tea instead, but this looks really good! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loove hot chocolate :) Yours looks so delicious xx
    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was way too cute <3 I'm really craving hot chocolate now xxx
    p.s. I took philosophy too! It was an amazing class *-*

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I really liked my class because of my professor. ~

      Delete
  4. this looks so good! i like the mini marshmallows as well :)

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete