Thursday, December 18, 2014

❄ Christmas Questions ❄

Christmas is in one week. I found some Christmas questions on tumblr and thought it would be fun to answer them. There were 50 questions, so I decided to narrow it down to the 20 that I liked. I hope you like these questions and answer/blog about them too.  Follow me on my tumblr here.

1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes, I've been celebrating Christmas since I was a kid. I think about 7 years ago, my family started doing Christmas dinner.

2.What starts the New Year for you - do you have more than one New Year?
January 1 is usually when I "start a new year." I also celebrate Chinese New Year.

3. Do you decorate for Christmas? Inside and/or outside?
I decorate the Christmas tree indoors and I put up Christmas lights in my room. My mom decorates everything else. She puts up the lights and light up things outside.

4. Christmas tree - real, fake, or not at all?
My Christmas tree is fake and we've used it for I think 12-13 years.

5.Colored lights or white ones?
I like colored lights, but the white ones are also simple so it's nice.

6. Favorite type of Christmas decor?
I would have to say nicely decorated Christmas trees and Christmas lights.

7. Ever kiss under the mistletoe?
No, I haven't. But one day I will, lol.

8. Favorite Christmas movie or special?
I don't really watch Christmas movies, but I would have to say The Nightmare Before Christmas or A Charlie Brown Christmas.

9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - do you have strong opinions on what’s better - the book, the cartoon, or the full feature movie?
I think the cartoon version of the book is cute and nice for kids.

10. Favorite book, short story, or poem about Christmas?
My favorite book about Christmas is this book I got as a kid in Hong Kong. It's called, "What am I? Christmas!"

11. Favorite Christmas or Holiday pop song?
My favorite Christmas song is "Let It Snow" by Boyz II Men and "This Christmas" by different artists.

12. Do you ever make gingerbread houses?
Yes. Not every year, but occasionally I will make gingerbread houses. I decorated one this year and last year because my younger cousins do it. I think I've only really made one once with my mom.

13. Candy canes, ribbon candy, chocolate truffles - what is your fave Christmastime candy?
My favorite Christmastime candy would have to be candy canes. Does peppermint bark count? Because I love peppermint bark, haha.

14. Hot cocoa or hot apple cider?
Hot chocolate. I don't really drink apple cider. I've sampled it at Trader Joe's though, lol. It was pretty good. Check out my hot chocolate post!

15. Do you do holiday gift exchanges with family and/or friends? Get something for everyone in the group, Secret Santa, or white elephant?
Yes, I do gift exchanges with my boyfriend and a few of my friends. I help my mom pick out gifts for all my younger cousins too. I've never done Secret Santa before but I'd like to. What is a white elephant? Lol.

16. How do you feel about wish lists - helpful to givers or greedy of the receivers?
I think wish lists are helpful. My friend asked me to make a list because he couldn't think of what to get me. I definitely make them every year, lol.

17. Wrapping presents - festive fun that’s creative and shows care, or a waste of materials and energy?
I think presents that are wrapped just make it fun for the person who receives it. I think it shows a little more thought than putting it in a bag, but some bags are really nice and cute. But to answer the questions, I think it can be creative and shows care.

18. What are some unique family or cultural traditions that you enjoy?
I enjoy doing family meals together on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day.

19. Do you ever travel long distances to visit with folks over the holidays?
Ever since I moved to the U.S., I don't travel to visit my family. When I lived in Hong Kong, I would travel to Japan for Christmas.

20. What does your ideal Christmas/Holiday look like?
My perfect Christmas will be one day when I'm older, married, have two kids, and a dog. I would love to wake up, look at my window, see the snow falling, and look out the window to see that it's a white Christmas. Then see my kids come into my room excited to see what Santa brought them. We would open presents as a family, take pictures, and make breakfast. Then we would go play in the snow and then spend the rest of the day with our family.

I hope you enjoyed this Christmas Q&A and I would love to see what your answers are! :-)

Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix & Tumblr: @xrikachu

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I love all of your answers. Your ideal Christmas sounds so cute ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post.I love to build gingerbread cookie.
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these christmas posts! Can it just always be the holidays? I definitely agree with you that wrapped presents are so much more fun than non wrapped! :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay | Win a French cookbook for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! i really want a hot chocolate now

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete