Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cook With Me pt. IV

Hi, everyone! It's been over 3 months since I did my last "Cook With Me" post, but it's finally here. This won't be as detailed as all the past ones because I can't really remember the recipes I used.. A lot of them are just basic/easy one's you could probably find on the internet though! I'll try to add the recipes if I can remember. Also, since school started, I haven't really had time to cook things for myself, so these are just things I've made within the spam of the past 3 months, which isn't a lot. But this semester ends in about two weeks, so once my winter break starts, I plan on cooking/baking more and sharing with you all.

To the right is a buffalo chicken pizza my mom made for dinner one night in August. Let me tell you, it was so good. She sent me a picture of it when I was coming home for dinner that day & I could not wait to start grubbing on it, haha. It was my idea to make it & I was just like, "What the heck! Why did you make it without me?" But it's okay, because that meant I didn't have to do any work, lol. It was so good, you guys must try it out for yourselves!

  • Buffalo chicken dip(My mom makes her own buffalo chicken dip.)
  • Shredded cheese
  • Pizza dough
  • Spinach (but you can use basil if you want)
You just put everything out on your pizza dough & leave it in the oven for 15 min. at 450 degrees.
Back in August, I would run a mile every morning, but since school started, I just haven't had the time or energy. I also didn't like the fact that it started to make my butt flat.. LOL. But anyways, after my morning jog, I tried out this green tea smoothie for my breakfast. It was just okay too me, something about the texture was weird, but I may have just not blended it as well as I liked.

What I used:

- nonfat Greek yogurt
- green tea
- frozen mango chunks
- ice cubs

Just blend them together and there you go.


One day, my boyfriend had his practical for class, so I decided to make the both of us breakfast so he could feel good for it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day & it helps with memory, which is great if you have a big test for the day. I made us whole-wheat pancakes, some slices of bacon, & scrambled eggs. We of course added some maple syrup.

This was my first attempt at whole-wheat pancakes & they came out great!

I used this recipe, but as always, I tweaked it a little. I can't remember what I did though. I got my whole-wheat flour from Trader Joe's though.


I actually don't like waffles, but I think I saw a commercial or something on it and they did so much with just a waffle and it made me want to make some, haha. I found an easy whole-wheat waffle recipe and followed it. I don't remember where I got it from, but there are a lot if you just search for it.

I used soy milk in my batter, but I advise you not to. You should use regular milk, that way your waffles will turn out a little thicker.
I added diced strawberries, whip cream, and maple syrup on top of it. I also added bacon, scrambled eggs, and a jar of early grey & soy milk.

If you have time on a Saturday morning, why not take time to make some breakfast?


This picture looks so bland, but this was just something quick I made after school one day.

During the fall, Trader Joe's had these packages of pumpkin ravioli. I decided to just make some with whole-grain crusted chicken nuggets.

If you like that pumpkin/spices/cinnamon flavor, you should get some if they still have them in stock! Or buy some next year.








This is a really bad picture of my lunch, but it's because I forgot to take a picture of it before I shook it all up at home lol.

I made a to-go salad in my mason jar. My friends saw me do this & thought I was weird, haha, but one ended up eating a salad the next time I saw her.

I took my 1-gallon wide-mouth mason jar & poured dressing into it, so it sat at the bottom. Then I added a whole bunch of lettuce on top. Then I added white chicken meat, edmame, pineapples, broccoli, & carrots on top. I also had a pack of crispy noodles on the side. When it was time to eat it, I just added the noodles in & then shook it all up.

I plan on using a smaller mason jar next time though, haha.
This morning, I made whole-wheat strawberry and banana muffins.

I used this recipe and changed it up a little. I didn't use as much sugar as it asked for and used whole-wheat flour instead. They came out pretty good for my first try.













Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix

6 comments:

  1. Love everything..but the pizza looks best!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the pizza is the best thing too!

      Delete
  2. I love this post ;u; Everything you made looks so delicious~ I especially love the waffles!
    ~Kiyomi <3
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete