Monday, August 18, 2014

Cook With Me pt. III

Hi, everyone! I’ve been meaning to make this post for the past month but I’ve gotten lazy and just so busy this past week. This is my lat week of summer before I start college so I’m going to make all the posts I’ve been wanting to before it ends. Let’s start!



Nana Cream.

This is great for breakfast, a quick snack, or dessert!

 Make sure you freeze your banana over night

I blended together a frozen banana, 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, and 1 tsp. of cacao powder. I also added some strawberries, because I strawberries.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I made these with my boyfriend one afternoon I was feeling down and it came out pretty good for our first try. I used this recipe, but I stuck it in the oven for a shorter amount of time.

Breakfast Smoothie.

This is so easy to make if you’re on the go or you just love smoothies.

What I put in this smoothie was:
  • spinach
  • frozen blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • strawberries
  • chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • a spoonful of greek yogurt
Just blend it together and there you go!

Chia Pudding.

The first time I made this, my mom didn’t believe that it would turn into a pudding consistency and I was kind of doubtful too, but it worked out so yay.
  • 1 cup of milk (I use almond milk or soy milk)
  • 1/4 cup of chia seeds
  • 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs of maple syrup (You can use honey if you’d like)
Mix ingredients together until it becomes a little thicker and then refrigerate it over night.
I added strawberries and my favorite granola, but you can top the pudding with your fruits, nuts, etc. of your choice.

Chicken Pasta.

This was a really easy meal I made to go with the pizza (listed next) my boyfriend and I made one night.

All I did was cook whole wheat rotini, grilled some chicken and chopped it into pieces, and then poured tomato sauce on top. I also sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese on top.
Meat-less Pizza.

I found this recipe online one day and had to try it for myself. My boyfriend and I made it for dinner because it looked so good and let me tell you, it was delicious! I changed a few things on the recipe though.

This is what I used to make my pizza:
  • whole wheat pizza dough
  • 1 zucchini
  • frozen sweet corn
  • sliced mozzarella
  • balsamic vinegar
I sliced my zucchini (like pepperoni) and then grilled them. Then, I rolled the pizza dough out and spread the zucchinis around. Then I spread the corn and cheese on top. I put it in the oven for about 15-18 minutes at 450 degrees. After I took it out, I drizzled balsamic vinegar all over it. I’m telling you, it was so good.

Meal Prep.
I really enjoy doing my meal preps every week. You can follow this chicken recipe here. The sweet potato wedges, I just cut up, covered it in olive oil, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and then baked them until they were done.

Strawberry & Banana Smoothie.
I love strawberry and banana smoothies, but whenever I buy one from a smoothie place I know there’s always a lot of sugar in it. So, I made a healthier version of it at home.
All you need to do is mix these ingredients together:
  • 1/4 cup of greek yogurt
  • strawberries
  • half a banana
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk or skim milk
  • 5 ice cubes



Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake.

One night, my boyfriend and I decided to bake a cake. And since I had strawberries at home, we decided to make this cake! The link to the recipe is here.
It’s not too sweet, so it’s just right. I changed the recipe a little bit.
I used dark chocolate chips and used a few semi-sweet chocolate chips to sprinkle on top. I also mixed some almond flour with the other flour.

Vegan Banana French Toast.

My dad had bought baguettes, so I told him to save him some so I could try my banana french toast.
What you need is:
  • slices of french toast
  • 3/4 cup of unsweetend almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

First, mash up the banana then add in the milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Next, heat up your pan and let the bread soak in the batter on both sides. Then, put the bread on the pan an cook each side until a light brown.

Brownie with White Chocolate Frosting.

The other afternoon at the beach, my boyfriend said he wanted to bake something so we agreed on making these brownies. He ended up getting a haircut from my dad, so I just made the brownies on my own but he helped with the frosting.

I used this recipe. I didn’t have red food coloring and it’s not really good for you anyways, so I didn’t use it.
Acai Berry Smoothie.

I made this for breakfast on the go when I went to DC last Monday. I blended my frozen acai berry pack with orange juice, but the acai smell and taste was not pleasant to me whatsoever, so I added a lot more orange juice and it tasted better. Then I added some of my favorite granola on top. It’s really easy and quick.
 I hope you try out one of these recipes and let me know what you think of them in the comments below.
Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask below.

    Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix    

4 comments: