Friday, July 18, 2014

Lush Review: Roots

Hi, everyone! I'm here with another Lush review. I got this as one of my gifts from my two-and-a-half year anniversary with my boyfriend back in May. (The person that's been getting me the Lush products I've reviewed, hehe.) Let's get started!

This product contains fresh mint, honey, peppermint oil, extra virgin olive oil, and other oils. It's a really easy application. This product is called "Roots," and so you apply this all over your roots/scalp. You can apply it to rest of your hair if you'd like too. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes, then shampoo it out. (I rinse it out of my hair, shampoo, and then condition my hair.)

I've used this maybe 3-4 times already and I still have about 1/3-1/4 of the pot left.
This product smells so minty and I love it! It reminds me of the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. If you use a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't have an overpowering scent, then the minty scent will stay in your hair.

A couple months ago, I tried a different hair dye and shampoo, and I don't know what happened but every time I got in the shower, my scalp always itched as soon as it hit the water. And sometimes if I didn't wash my hair the next day, it would just itch really bad. I tried about 3 other shampoo's and I still had that problem, which was very unusual because I never had that problem with my hair before. I used this hair mask and wow. For one, it felt amazing. I love that tingly feeling the minty oils leave on my scalp. After one use, I could tell that my scalp was feeling better and the itchiness died down. I  used it one more time and it got rid of the problem for me.

This product is said to be great for fine, thin hair, to give it volume and shine. But it's a great mask for your roots in general. Remember, healthy, strong roots will lead to healthy hair!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day! 

Previous Lush reviews here:


    Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix    

No comments:

Post a Comment