Sunday, July 27, 2014

Cook With Me pt. II

Hi there.  I've got some meals to share with you again! I've been sleeping in a lot these past two weeks, so I've been really lazy and not making any meals, which also means I've been lazy about getting around to making this post. That being said, I'm working on my sleeping schedule and I went to get some groceries today for my meal prep for this upcoming week and it just inspired me to finally getting around to making this post. So, let's begin!

 To the right is an easy quick fix for breakfast or a snack.
I make this a lot when I can't think of anything to eat.

  • pita bread
  • lemon
  • avocado mashed with extra virgin olive oil
  • one egg
  • salt, pepper, chili flakes, & cumin
My pita bread was from Panera because someone I knew had a bags and bags of bread from Panera and so she let me take whatever I wanted and I stored it in my freezer.

I toasted the pita bread and then spread the avocado/olive oil mix on top. Then I sprinkled some salt, pepper, chili flakes, and cumin on top. Then I scrambled egg whites and put them on top.




To the left was my first attempt at banana pancakes.. Lol. It looked like scrambled eggs, but it didn't taste so bad. I got the recipe from here. I did exactly as the recipe said to except I didn't use coconut flakes.

All you need is 1 banana1 egg, and 1/2 tsp. of coconut oil.

All you need to do is mash the banana and egg into a bowl until it is at a smooth consistency. Then spread the coconut oil over your pan and heat it on medium. Then pour your batter onto the pan and cook each side for about 3 minutes. 

I plan on making these again and will definitely make another post on how they turn out.
In my mason jar is earl grey with unsweetened soy milk. I also used maple syrup on these pancakes.




Above is a meal prep I made the other week that actually took me about two hours to make one Sunday night. It was really tasty, so it was worth it! I got the recipe for the honey-glazed chicken here. I tweaked it a bit and I would share what I did with you all but I can't remember what I did to it exactly.. I just remember I didn't leave it in the oven for more than an hour.
The recipe for the mashed sweet potatoes are from here. I tweaked it a bit and instead of sticking the sweet potatoes in the microwave, I boiled them. I also added chia seeds in it. The final product came out a little runny, but it was still tasty nonetheless. This is great for any of you that love cinnamon!
The veggies were just a frozen bag of mixed vegetables & I cooked 10 meals worth: 5 for me and 5 for my boyfriend.



To the right was an easy lunch I made for my boyfriend and I the other day. A honey-soy glazed salmon fillet with brown rice, broccoli, and the yellow bean sprout thing. (I don't know the name lol.)

The recipe for the honey-soy glazed salmon was from here.

It was really, really easy to make and tasty!
I hope you try out one of these recipes and let me know what you think of them in the comments below. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask below.

    Keep up with me on Instagram: @xrikachu & Twitter: @marikawaix    

No comments:

Post a Comment